Not all people have the time or the budget to go to the gym for regular workouts. Fortunately, there is a surge of various gym quality machines on the market today designed for home use. One of the most popular nowadays is the Bowflex TreadClimber. If you are planning to get yourself one, then you’ve come to the right page. This article reveals its strengths and weaknesses, plus some real user experiences to help you determine whether or not it is suitable for you. Where you can get the best deal is also detailed on page 3.
What Is It?
Combining the benefits of elliptical, treadmill, and stepper workouts, the Bowflex TreadClimber is a cardio machine that simulates actual brisk walking and hill climbing done outdoors. It apparently provides low impact but more effective workouts allowing you to burn up to three and a half times the amount of calories than on a treadmill at the same speed and up to 40% more calories than a stair climber. It is like having a treadmill, stair climber, and elliptical trainer in one.
Manufactured by Nautilus Inc. a company renowned for its superior home workout machines, Treadclimber’s most popular models include TC5, TC10, and TC20.
How Does It Work?
If you are one of those people who mix up workouts using several machines at the gym using a treadmill, a stair climber, and an elliptical machine to get an all around cardio workout that targets the legs and the body, you would find the Bowflex a clever machine. Equipped with two treadmill decks that move up and down as you stride , handlebars for your balance, electronic dashboard showing your workout progress, this cardio machine’s design delivers the challenge of a stepper with the comfort of walking while minimizing the mechanical stress on the knees, calves, ankles, and feet. The 2-treadle system’s motion is dictated by your own stride and pace which allows you the total control over your workout.
- Multiple workouts. The machine allows you to perform a variety of exercises that you can do with a treadmill, stair climber, and an elliptical machine.
- Safety. Since it is designed to be very low impact, virtually everyone can use it although it is still recommended to consult your doctor prior to starting any workout regimen since every person and experience is unique.
- Quiet. The machine is relatively quiet. The noise you will hear is generated by your walking motion so you can still engage in conversation in the room, listen to music, or talk on the phone.
- Movable. Even with its size, you will have no problem moving it from one place to another since it is equipped with built-in transport wheels.
- Health benefits. It improves cardiovascular endurance, strengthens and tones muscles, helps weight loss, supports blood pressure, and lowers risks of heart ailments.
- Size. Although it is easy to move around with its built-in wheels, it is not ideal if you have very limited space.
- Assembly. Bowflex treadclimber models come with detailed assembly manual and supplemental assembly videos but still many people find it is time-consuming to set it up. Bowflex, however, offers a popular in-home assembly service that you can order in case you would prefer having the assembly done for you.
- Price. It is quite expensive but the company offers financing plans and special online discounts.
(Continued on Next Page…Real User Reviews + Does It Really Work?)